After 10 years of being predominantly a studio project, The Big Ol' Nasty Getdown is finally taking it to the stage, pulling a rotating cast of musicians from their massive alumni. Each show is unique and takes the crowd and the band on an unexpected fun-filled musical journey. Since the band's inception, many legendary artists have been part of studio projects and live performances.
- Giving members from Kool & The Gang, P-Funk, and more the green light for creativity freedom
- Preview of their new song featuring Taylor Dayne
- What it's like producing over 250 musicians (household names and local legends)
- How to get press and find writers
- How rotating musicians creates excitement
- How to find sustainability through in chaos (COVID)
- How to find the right demographic
- Best business practices in the recording studio
Some of these members include members of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, George Clinton, and Parliament-Funkadelic, Sly and the family stone Jane's addiction, Earth Wind and Fire, Living Color, 311, Taylor Dayne, Derek Trucks Band, James Brown band, Fishbone, War, and a few of my other favorites, like The Meters, Dumpstaphunk, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Kool & The Gang, and The Bill Withers Band.